Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Come join me!

I have signed up to participate in The Weekend to End Women's Cancers which will be taking place in Toronto on Sept 10-11, 2011. This is a two-day, 60-kilometre or one-day 32-kilometre walk throughout Toronto! My dear friend set up a team in my honour called "Pink Diamond". I've never participated before, but now.....well with all I've been going through.....it seems like the perfect year to do it!

I've witnessed first-hand what events like this do to help people like me! This event supports Princess Margaret Hospital which is where I'm being treated, and I can tell you that I've been treated really well here!! It is really amazing how much they do for their patients.....and it goes well beyond just the surgery and chemotherapy.

There are so many programs such as the "Look Good Feel Better" one I told you about in an earlier blog (where they give free makeup) or the "Head Wrap Class" (where you learn how to wrap your head in style!). They provide counselling, relaxation classes, information sessions, support groups!

Sooooo, this is why I am participating........so that this hospital can continue providing these services and more to its patients, because it really has made a big impact in my journey!

If you're interested in joining my team, here is the link to my page where you can sign up! (The team password is "Kristal"):
Weekend to End Womens Cancers - Kristal's personal page

Each participant needs to raise $2,000 in order to walk. I've set my goal at $3,200 however, and hope to exceed that! If you can't participate with me, then you can still support by donating to the cause through the link above as well.

Thanks so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment