Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This one is worse!!

At my chemo treatment last Wed, I did get my wish: I only got poked once on Wednesday....they got the vein in the first try ! And I got free cookies!! :)

In fact, everything was going great. I didn't feel any side effects really that day. The day after I was walking about like normal, feeling great. Friday is when I started to feel a little tired, but I was still able to be out and about.

Then it just went downhill from there!! I woke up from pains in my body Friday night. The doctor prescribed me some Tylenol 3 tablets, so I just popped one in and went back to sleep. On Saturday it got worse. I felt like I was 90 years old....all my joints were hurting me and I couldn't stand up for very long.

From Saturday night until this morning (Tues), I've pretty much been in bed the whole time. I've felt so weak. Pains all over my body, like a bad flu. And if that's not bad enough, my stomach has not been too good either (if you know what I mean) and my whole mouth is sore.

When they said the muscle and joint pains will be bad, and that this chemo regiment would be tougher, I really didn't believe them. I thought how bad can muscle pains really be? Ha......well I was wrong!! This is definitely worse than the other chemo cocktail! I hope these pains go away soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hope they go away soon too Kris!
    Keep on keeping on...
    Lots of love and prayers being sent your way
    Love
    Shivana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Blog is for all of us who cannot tell our stories. Thank you Kristal!
    Paulene

    ReplyDelete