Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why I Blog


I was originally thinking of a way to keep everyone updated without driving myself crazy having to repeat the same things over and over again!! I really appreciate everyone calling and messaging me to find out how I'm doing....but I'm so sorry, I was honestly getting a bit tiring talking about it all the time. 
 
So I thought about recording the updates and when someone calls I could just play it for everyone...but I figured that might upset some people :P 
 
Then someone suggested sending out mass emails to everyone as this is what she found helpful while going through her treatments. That was a great idea!! 
 
But then........ I thought of blogging which could be a little more colourful and fun!! :)  Another benefit of doing a blog is that it could possibly reach more people. Although I'm normally a very private person, there are a few reasons why I didn't mind others reading about my experiences: 
 
1) I thought if other women/men were also battling cancer came across my blog they would hopefully find some comfort and strength through my experience. Especially for younger people, where it is not as common.
 
2) I would also like other young people to read this and realize that they aren't invincible to this disease, like I thought I was!! It is occurring much more these days in younger persons than before. I'm lucky because I detected mine early, so I hope that others close to my age will realize the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and of doing regular check-ups (self-examination goes a long way...and its FREEE!!).  
 
3) A bonus for me was that if I could inspire someone, then that would be just incredible. So far I've gotten so many positive responses to the blog, and a few people telling me that they have been inspired already! I'm quite pleasantly surprised, and it feels amazing to get such wonderful feedback. So thank you to everyone for their comments....it means so much to me!! :)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristal,

    I look forward to reading your blog and always find you so upbeat and positive in your approach to your treatment.......I wish you the best in your upcoming chemo treatment next week, you are young and your youth will probably be a very important factor in how your body responds to chemo.........will be thinking and praying for you as you enter this next phase of your journey.......love Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristal, glad to see you are doing well. I am amazed and inspired by your positive attitude. My thoughts are with you and I wish you a speedy recovery. Johnny

    ReplyDelete