Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How my life has changed so far

1) No dancing - I've always enjoyed dancing and most recently I was with a Latin dance group which did various performances all over. Well I definitely can't do this right now since my wound has to heal, and I have to regain full mobility in my arm.

2) No work - Some women apparently go back to work soon after surgery, and might work during chemo as well. However with all the appointments that I have these days, and since my job can be quite stressful at times or long hours, my doctor has recommended that I take the time off from work to focus on myself and to ensure that I'm as relaxed and stress free as possible. I'm not gonna fight with the doctor!!

3) No intense activity - I almost feel normal, like before I had the surgery, but then I walk around all day or do some kind of excess activity, and I don't feel so good after :( So as much as I would like to tell myself that I'm fine and can do what I normally used to do, I guess I should keep myself quiet for now. I avoid places that might be too crowded/busy because I don't want anyone to accidentally bump into me. I prefer quiet things like movies or dinners or pumpkin carving!! Yeah I'm still able to enjoy some halloween stuff :)


4) No alcohol - The doctor recommended I take good care of myself, and maybe staying away from alcohol would be a good idea. Also, with the chemo, they say to keep off alcohol as it could affect the treatment. Therefore, I have decided to just totally give up alcohol. It's really not that hard :P

5) Shopping List - I never thought my shopping list would consist of a fake boob, fake eyelashes and wigs (not to be worn in a dance performance)!

6) Contact with friends and family - The best thing is definitely getting to be in contact with so many friends and family! Everyone tends to get caught up in their routines, and I'm definitely terrible at keeping in contact with people. But these days, its great getting so many calls and messages and emails from so many people. It really helps to know that so many people are concerned and thinking about me and praying for me. So thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment