Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The morning before Chemo

So today is going to be my first Chemo treatment! I am a little nervous.........ok maybe TERRIFIED is a better word!!

I think what worries me most is that I just don't know how my body will react to this thing. Everyone I've talked to has had different experiences. Some say their first chemo was the worst, where others say the last one was the worst. Some told me that they felt sick right away, whereas others don't feel it until a few days later. Some people call it HELL (oh that sounds wonderful!!), and some say their experience was difficult, but not too bad. So I just don't know what to expect!

I do have a million and one tablets to take this morning before chemo to help prevent the nausea, so I hope these pills really do their job well!! Will let you know how this thing goes....fingers crossed that my experience will be fun and a walk in the park (haha, ok probably not going to be fun....but I'll settle for "tolerable").

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristal,

    Thinking about you today at your first treatment and hoping, praying and also crossing fingers and toes for extra good luck that it goes well. Keep us updated and let us know if there is anything we can do to help in anyway.

    Love
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristal,

    Marie, X and I have you in our thoughts and prayers today. I know you'll come out fine. Even though we don't know each other too well yet, I know you're a strong girl with a great attitude, chemo got nothing on that.

    If you need anything holla!

    Great idea blogging, definitely an inspiration to me and already one of the bravest people I know.

    Much Love,
    Gil & Fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristal,

    Thinking of you, and keeping my fingers crossed filled with positive thoughts! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I am sure that many people will agree that you've been such a true inspiration :) Keep staying strong!

    xoxo,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete