Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Feeling brand new!

I am so thrilled to be feeling myself once again! After the first week of practically drooling on myself all day, I was finally able to get out and about....that's why I haven't even had a chance to post anything all week! The timing couldn't be better, cause it was my boyfriend's birthday on Wed and I had to be there for his birthday dinner!!! I was just so happy to not fall asleep on myself during the dinner!

Since I've been feeling better, I've taken advantage of this, and definitely been keeping busy (in moderation of course)! Went out salsa dancing for the first time in forever, and my arm was fine :) However I declined to dance with anyone I didn't know in fear of them twisting my arm into a pretzel or tugging too hard! Since the surgery my arm has been slowly getting back to normal, but I'm still trying to be careful with it.

Another exciting thing I did was get some pet fishies!! My sweet boyfriend bought me a small tank so that it would give me something to do while I'm stuck inside. We thought about a puppy, but that would probably be a bit too much work for me (I'm very bad with animals). So I went and bought 7 neon tetras on Sunday to put in the tank. Unfortunately, the guy who helped us did not mention that he gave me suicidal fish! Within just a few hours, one fish went crazy and jumped straight out the tank! We put him back in, but by the next day he was a goner:( Two of the others have already gotten themselves stuck in one of the filter holes....luckily I was there to pull them out in time...they just seem a little bruised. These fish are giving me more excitement than I expected! Here's the new addition to my family:


I also did some other exciting things which I will be sharing with you in another post......so stay tuned!!! ;)

Its funny how I appreciate different things in my life these days. Like just being able to stay awake for the whole day. Or waking up and still having hair on my head....that's a good hair day for me! I'm expecting my hair to fall out any day now (they say 2 to 5 weeks after your first treatment....tomorrow will make 2 weeks). I enjoy sleeping as long as I want and not feeling guilty about it. I'm so happy that my mom is able to stay with me for all the time I'm on chemo.....before I would go crazy having her here for so long (love you mummy!! hehe), but now its a blessing! Everytime my boyfriend tells me I'm beautiful/sexy it means so much! It's hard to feel that way sometimes after having the surgery, or during my chemo comas....so to be complimented like that is just soooo great and helps me to keep feeling good about myself! :)

Well its time to put my fishies to bed......ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristal!

    I swear I am not lying when I say that I am getting teary eyed from reading your blog. I think it's unbelievable that you are going through all of this yet find the energy to go salsa dancing, getting pets and going to the grocery store, things that I don't do even when I am not sick, lol! You are truly an inspiration and I am really proud of you.

    I miss you very much.

    On my side, things are going well in Chile. I am leaving soon for a 5 day camping trip in the south of Chile in a place called Torres del Paine, which looks really beautiful. So I am looking forward to connecting with nature and just taking in all its beauty even if the world seems ugly to us at time. Hope that when you are better you can come and visit so I can show you what Chile has to offer. You will love it!

    Take care love xxx

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristal!
    First I though fish is nice,..but... almost an animated 3D picture. Who knew!
    Looks like these guys may keep you busier than my birdie here! Haha,,jokes!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete