Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Me and my twin

I never thought about how confusing my different looks might be to people who don't really know me and don't know what's going on. There's a shoppers on the corner where I live, and there's this nice Filipino lady who works there who always says hi to me. I think its cause she thought I was Filipino also (I get that alot).

A few days ago when I went to buy some stuff there I saw her again and waved and smiled. She waved back and then asked "Are there two of you??" Hahaha... I thought.that was too funny!

I just chuckled and told her no, its just me....there was a confused look on her face. She had another customer with her so I didn't go on to explain why she would be seeing me with long hair one day, and then a bandana on my head the next day (obviously showing that there isn't really any hair underneath it at all).Or maybe she saw me when I cut my hair really short.....before it fell out....and then she wondered how it grew back so quickly!

One day I'll reveal the mystery of my different looks to her. For now, its kinda fun having a twin :)

4 comments:

  1. HI Kristal -

    My name is Emily Panetta and I am a student at Ryerson University. I am doing research on women who were diagnosed with cancer at a young age, and -- if you'd be willing -- I'd really like to speak to you.

    Please contact me at epanetta@ryerson.ca if you'd be open to the possibility of talking, and we can go from there.

    Thanks and I hope to hear from you,

    Emily Panetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - Kristal, can I tell you I think you actually DO have a twin - and in Trinidad to boot! My friend Gianna is a makeup artist there and she has a girl that looks JUST like you in her portfolio - in fact I asked her if it was you when I saw it!

    Keep finding joy in your life chica - I'm enjoying reading your blog and being inspired by your strength and positive attitude.

    Love Always,
    Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Serena...that's funny! I have heard about a look-a-like in Trinidad before! Maybe I should ask my mother if there is anything she's not telling me...hehe. Thanks for your message:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristal,
    My daughter, who is going through breast cancer treatment mentioned your blog and I realize, after reading this that you have unique problems with your breast cancer, as do all the other women (including me) who have been through it. My thoughts are with you, and I would like to give you my daughter's blogsite so that you can read about her journey with the "c-dawg" as she calls it. She is my daughter but I have come to know her so much better since her illness. She makes me laugh, she makes me cry when I read about her experiences, but I always come away from her posts with a much better idea of what women need to do to support each other during a life-threatening illness, no matter what it is ... http://wiifmcancer.blogspot.com/2010/06/may-this-be-my-first-and-last-post.html

    ReplyDelete