Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Last Chemo Treatment...DONE!!

Today, Wednesday March 2nd, 2011, was my last treatment of chemo!!!!!! What a greaaaaaaat feeling it is! I am just so relieved that I don't have to go back there in another 3 weeks to get poked again by an awful needle. So glad I won't have to come home and wait for the pains to begin, and have to lock myself up in my apartment for a week!

Well I guess I still have to get past this week first. But after this, I'm on my road to recovery! I can get back to a normal life. I don't have to worry about having a "bad" week from chemo again!

I RANG THAT BELL AND IT FELT SOOOO GOOD!



I had my mom and brother with me today, and a couple of my new Princess Margaret friends!:

My very nice, sweet nurse, Jessie

My bossom buddy! Her last chemo day was today also!! Woohooo! We're done!

My volunteer friend, Helen. She's been at all my chemo treatments! Such great support and she has the best hugs!

Afterwards, my boyfriend joined us and we went for a celebratory lunch! Now I'm home....so tired cause I think I only slept for about 2 to 3 hours last night! I'm not sure if it was cause of the steroids I am on, or because I was nervous and anxious for today. Maybe a combination. But I'm about to pass out now.

Before I go though, one more scream of joy: WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY I'M DOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked @ this video and cried, for about 10 mins or so lol...u are a unique person Kristal, Congratulations and may all of God's blessings following you continuously on ur journey to recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYY!!!!!!!! :)

    Now it is time for us to start planning how we going to celebrate, Trini style !

    Love
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! My Sincere congrats Kristal! You did it! I am so happy for you! Wishing you always all the best! I'm glad you saved the bell for me when it is my turn on March 18th! I told the chemo daycare..I would break it and get them one huge bell from the catholic church to ring in our huge success! LOL!!
    Love You..lots of air hugs!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!!I'm so happy for you!!!!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! It really was a great moment, and of course the tears were pouring after!

    Franca, can't wait for you to ring the bell also on March 18th!

    Mel, yes Trini style celebrations are in order:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome news Kristal! You're an inspiration to us all.

    Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! You are so inspiring =)
    Glad to have met you at Reeva's work last week!

    Huggs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Johnny!
    And it was great meeting you also Jean :) Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete