Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not back to work as yet:)

That's right....I'm still off work:) It's been quite back and forth with regards to my return to work date.

My long-term disability coverage has ended (as of June 30th), and I talked to my work about returning in July. But I still have to do reconstructive surgery, and I was hoping to have it done before I went back to work. Unfortunately, my initial consult appointment with the plastic surgeon got postponed from June to September, and when I questioned the receptionist about my possible surgery date, she said probably not until the end of the year or early next year!

So, I do not get my wish of finishing my reconstruction before going back to work. However I decided to enjoy the rest of my summer, so I'm taking unpaid time off until October! This works out quite well for me because I got to go home to Trinidad....which is where I am now! :)  I'm the Maid of Honour for a close friend's wedding, and I'm so glad I'm able to make it down for her special day. Also, since I have the time, I decided to visit for 3 whole weeks!

I haven't been home since xmas 2009, and this will be the first time also since I've been through this 'journey' in the past year. (I can't believe its been almost a year already since I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer!! Sept 13th ). So far the trip has been wonderful....and its so nice to get to see all my friends and family! They're all surprised at how well I'm looking (I guess they expected to see some signs of my struggle), and a lot of people have commented on how they love my hair short. I think I might keep it short for a bit:)

After all this free time to enjoy myself, it's going to be hard to go back to work!

Here are a few pics from Tobago (we went there for a few days as soon as we came in):






No comments:

Post a Comment