Friday, October 29, 2010

What?? Me?? Breast Cancer??

2010 has been very good to me!
- I joined a new Latin dance group which I thoroughly enjoyed performing with.
- I got my Chartered Accounting designation.....such a relief!
- Started a new relationship, which has been amazing....great guy;)
- Got to perform in Bermuda.....the beaches are so beautiful there.
- Went on a Eurotrip which was sooooooo much fun!

But then...there was this thing...this lump that was there in my breast. I found it by chance last year August and did an ultra sound, but the doctor said it didn't seem like anything to worry about. "Just keep an eye on it and come back if it doesn't go away."

It was still there in May, so I went to check it out again. This time they suggested I do some further tests....a Biopsy. So right before my big Eurotrip, I went in for this Biopsy, and they added in another ultra sound and mammogram for good measure. It was actually AWFUL!! (For those of you who have done it before....you know what I mean).

I happily went on my trip (was gone for a month), and while I was gone, the results came in. They couldn't contact me though, so I was in blissful ingorance for that month.



As soon as I got back is when I was called into the doctor and got the "news". I don't think I fully understood what she meant when she said I had Breast Cancer. Noone I know personally has had Breast Cancer.... People my age don't get that!.... I guess they just have to remove the lump, and I'll be fine!....Right?!?!?

The doctor said "The next few months are going to be very difficult....."

That's when the tears came.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    I'm in Barbados now, but miss all the good times we had in Bermuda - so much fun.
    I'm thinking of you :)
    Can't wait to come see you when I get back soon.
    Mridu

    ReplyDelete