Friday, May 27, 2011

The Rebirth of my Hair :)

My hair is finally growing back! And its so soft.....I can't stop rubbing my own head! :)

Each day, as it comes in thicker and thicker, I feel more like a normal person again. I've retired my wig now....never really enjoyed wearing that thing anyways. It was too hot and itchy! Especially now that its getting warmer, and my hot flashes are more frequent, the wig would just be unnecessary torture. I prefer going au naturale.

Yeah I'm still getting hot flashes, as I'm in "chemopause". My period hasn't come back yet. Not sure when it will or if it will.......although since I'm so young there is a good chance I will receive my monthly presents again! Never have I looked so forward to getting those!

Anywayz...back to my hair. I can't say it was all bad to lose my hair. I have kind of enjoyed not having to style my hair everytime I'm going out......I just wash and go! I take only 2 hours to get ready now instead of 3 :P

I have also been so delighted to not have to shave for the few months. But now its all growing back in full force....I think I'm even getting more hair than before in some unwanted areas....like what's up with my sideburns??? Geeeeez can't a girl get a break.....is it too much to ask that my underarm hair and leg hair and unnecessary facial hair (and 'other area' hair) just don't come back?!?! I guess beggars can't be choosers:P

I am super glad that my head of hair is filling in now though. Here are my new fuzzies:




Woohoooo!!

5 comments:

  1. I burnt my arm a few years ago - and the hair never fell out. I'm still depressed about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....I totally understand! That sounds painful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the term "chemopause"! - I've just started it myself (I held on strong for three cycles!). Do you mind if I steal the term?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Krystal, How are you doing and how is the hair coming along? Mine has started to come in but its growing in all weird..i have decided to ignore it as its growing "out and up" rather than out and flat..its odd but its baby soft! How are your energy levels doing and the darn chemopause? I now understand what menopausal women go thru! My hot flashes stopped around 2 months after the last chemo-praise the lord! Cant wait for this all to be over! I had my bilateral masctemony and tissue expander surgery 2 weeks ago and i am liking the "perky" look! Hoep you're doing well and good luck with the hip-hop fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Gurdeep. I'm doing pretty good these days. My hair is growing out nice and thick now! I'll have to put up some more pics:) Lucky your hot flashes stopped so soon! I'm still getting them like crazy! I'll put some updates up soon on everything:) Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete